Sit-Up & Twist
How to: Sit-Up & Twist
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis, Obliques
- Start seated on a fitball with both feet firmly planted on the floor. Carefully lie back onto the fitball, ensuring that it is following the natural curvature of your mid-back. Place your hands behind your earlobes and engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your belly button in towards your spine. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Tuck your chin into your chest and, using your abdominals, elevate your head and shoulder blades off the fitball, twisting over to the right side of your body. You do not need to sit all the way up.
- Inhale. Untwist and slowly lower your torso to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Tuck your chin into your chest and, using your abdominals, elevate your head and shoulder blades off the fitball, twisting over to the left side of your body.
- Inhale. Untwist and slowly lower your torso to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Fitball
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.