Sit Squat to Jump Squat
How to: Sit Squat to Jump Squat
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings
- Place a bench horizontally behind you. Plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Looking straight ahead, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until you are able to sit on the bench behind you, ensuring that your back remains within a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips. Lean back slightly to sit up tall.
- Exhale. Lean forward slightly, push through your heels and propel your body upwards into the air, extending your legs beneath you.
- Inhale. Bend your hips and knees to return to the starting position, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Bench
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.