Sir Charles Side Raise
How to: Sir Charles Side Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Lateral Deltoid
Exercise Families:Shoulder Abduction
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip (palms facing inwards) and arms extended by your sides, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Bend your elbows to bring the dumbbells in towards your chest, ensuring that your elbows remain in close contact with the sides of your body.
- Inhale. Without changing the angle of your arms, draw your elbows outward and upward to shoulder height, ensuring that you draw your shoulder blades down and back. You should now be holding the dumbbells in an overhand grip (palms facing down).
- Exhale. Extend your elbows out to each side, so that they resemble the shape of a ‘T’, ensuring that your palms are still facing downwards. Slowly lower your arms to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.