How to: Single-Arm Superman
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Rhomboids
Exercise Families:Transverse Extension
- Begin lying on your stomach on a yoga mat with both legs extended behind you, toes tucked. Extend your arms above your head, palms facing towards the mat, to form a straight line from hands to feet. Draw your belly button in towards your spine to prevent discomfort in your lower back. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Elevate your head, chest, and arms off the mat. At the same time, elevate your legs off the mat slightly with feet pointed. You should feel tension in your core as you hold this position.
- Exhale. Bend your left elbow to bring your left hand behind you until it rests just above your lower back. At the same time, rotate your hand so that your palm faces upwards.
- Inhale. Extend your left arm back above your head, rotating your hand so that your palm faces towards the mat. Alternate between sides for the specified number of repetitions or time, before returning to the starting position.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.