Shoulder Tap & Rocking Chair
How to: Shoulder Tap & Rocking Chair
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Place both hands on the mat slightly further than shoulder-width apart, with feet apart on the mat behind you, while resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position.
- Release your right hand and reach across your body to touch your left shoulder, ensuring that you brace your abdominals to keep your hips parallel to (in line with) the floor. Lower your right hand to return to the starting position.
- Release your left hand and reach across your body to touch your right shoulder, once again, ensuring that you brace your abdominals to keep your hips parallel to (in line with) the floor. Lower your left hand to return to the starting position.
- Bend at the hips and knees to shift your glutes over your heels and lower your torso towards the mat. Extend your arms along the mat, sinking your chest into the position and keeping your shoulders down and back. Press through your feet to extend your legs and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.