How to: Shoulder Complex
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip (palms facing inwards), plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Tuck your elbows by your sides and bend them to a 90-degree angle in front of you. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While maintaining a 90-degree bend in your elbows, raise the dumbbells outwards and upwards to shoulder height, ensuring that you draw your shoulder blades down and back.
- Inhale. While keeping your elbows as still as possible, rotate the dumbbells upwards until your palms are facing forward.
- Exhale. Rotate the dumbbells downwards before lowering your elbows to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.