Reverse Plank Walkout
How to: Reverse Plank Walkout
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Rhomboids
Exercise Families:Transverse Extension
- Begin seated on a yoga mat, legs straight and resting your hands slightly wider than your shoulders. This is your starting position.
- Press your heels into the floor, using your hamstrings and glutes to lift your hips and extend through your shoulders so that your body forms a straight line from your chest down to your knees. Ensure that your shoulders are directly over your wrists and your knees are directly over your ankles.
- While keeping your hips as still as possible, extend your left leg to step your left foot out, followed by your right foot, so that your feet are hip-width apart and your hips remain elevated. You should feel tension in your glutes, hamstrings and shoulders.
- While keeping your hips as still as possible, bend your left knee to step your left foot in, followed by your right foot, to return to the reverse table top position. Continue alternating between sides as you step out for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.