Reverse Lunge & Hop
How to: Reverse Lunge & Hop
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Quads, Hamstrings
- Plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Carefully take a big step backwards with your right foot. As you plant your foot on the floor, bend both knees to approximately 90 degrees, ensuring that your weight is evenly distributed between both legs. If done correctly, your front knee should be aligned with your ankle and your back knee should be hovering just off the floor.
- Exhale. Extend both knees and transfer your weight onto your left foot. Propel your body upwards into the air and extend your left leg below you. At the same time, elevate your right foot to bring your knee into your chest.
- Inhale. Land in a neutral standing position, ensuring that you maintain a ‘soft’ knee to prevent injury. At the same time, lower your right leg to begin the next repetition. Complete half of the specified repetitions on the same side, before returning to the starting position and repeating the remaining repetitions on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.