Pendulum Abs & Obliques Exercise
How to: Pendulum Abs & Obliques Exercise
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Obliques
Exercise Families:Trunk Rotation
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that your hips and knees are together. Imprint your spine into the mat and bring your legs into tabletop position, ensuring that your knees are stacked over your hips, your toes are pointed, and your shins are parallel to (in line with) the floor. Gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Slowly lower your knees to the right, elevating your left hip off the mat.
- Exhale. Use your abdominals to press your left hip into the floor and return to the starting position.
- Inhale. Slowly lower your knees to the left, elevating your right hip off the mat.
- Exhale. Use your abdominals to press your right hip into the floor and return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.