In & Out Push-Up
How to: In & Out Push-Up
Primary Muscles Used:Chest, Pecs
Exercise Families:Horizontal Push
- Place both hands on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart, feet together behind you while resting on the balls of your feet. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Jump both of your feet outwards so that they are slightly wider than your hips, ensuring that your hips remain level.
- While maintaining a straight back and stabilising through your abdominals, bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the floor until your arms form two 90-degree angles.
- Exhale. Push through your chest and extend your arms to lift your body back into push-up position with your feet still apart.
- Inhale. Jump both of your feet inwards to return to the starting position.
- Bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the floor until your arms form two 90-degree angles.
- Exhale. Push through your chest and extend your arms to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions. Each push-up is equivalent to one repetition.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.