How to: Hip Lift
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that your hips and knees are together. Imprint your spine into the mat and extend your legs upwards to create a 90-degree angle to your hips, feet flexed. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Set your T-zone. Slightly lower your legs away from your chest and towards the floor.
- Exhale. Press the soles of your feet upwards and elevate your hips off the mat.
- Inhale. Lower your hips to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.