Hinge & Opening
How to: Hinge & Opening
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Begin in a kneeling position on a yoga mat with your knees hip-width apart and arms extended in front of your chest at shoulder-height, palms facing inwards. Draw your shoulder blades down and back. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Slowly lower your torso back towards your heels, ensuring that you hinge from the knees only and your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Exhale. Open your arms out to each side, ensuring that they remain in line with your shoulders.
- Inhale. Bring your arms forwards in front of your chest.
- Exhale. Elevate your torso back into the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.