Hinge & Opening
How to: Hinge & Opening
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Begin in a kneeling position on a yoga mat with your knees hip-width apart and arms extended in front of your chest at shoulder-height, palms facing inwards. Draw your shoulder blades down and back. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Slowly lower your torso back towards your heels, ensuring that you hinge from the knees only and your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Exhale. Open your arms out to each side, ensuring that they remain in line with your shoulders.
- Inhale. Bring your arms forwards in front of your chest.
- Exhale. Elevate your torso back into the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.