How to: Heel Slide
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Transverse Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Anti-Extension
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that they are hip-width apart and your spine is in a neutral position. Allow your arms to rest by your sides on the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While maintaining a neutral spine and gently drawing your ribs to your hips to engage your core, release your right leg, extend your knee and slide your heel along the mat.
- Inhale. Bend your knee and slide your right heel along the mat to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While maintaining a neutral spine and drawing your ribs towards your hips, release your left leg, extend your knee and slide your heel along the mat.
- Inhale. Bend your knee and slide your left heel along the mat to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between sides for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.