How to: Heel Slide
Primary Muscles Used:Abs
Exercise Families:Trunk Anti-Extension
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that they are hip-width apart and your spine is in a neutral position. Allow your arms to rest by your sides on the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While maintaining a neutral spine and gently drawing your ribs to your hips to engage your core, release your right leg, extend your knee and slide your heel along the mat.
- Inhale. Bend your knee and slide your right heel along the mat to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While maintaining a neutral spine and drawing your ribs towards your hips, release your left leg, extend your knee and slide your heel along the mat.
- Inhale. Bend your knee and slide your left heel along the mat to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between sides for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.