Hanging Oblique Knee Raise
How to: Hanging Oblique Knee Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
Equipment:Chin Up Bar
- Standing on a bench, hold onto the chin-up bar with an overhand grip (palms facing away from your body), hands shoulder-width apart. Step off the bench and extend your arms so that you are hanging from the chin-up bar. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Bend your knees and, using your abdominals, bring them up towards your left rib cage.
- Inhale. Extend knees to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. Bend your knees and, using your abdominals, bring them up towards your right rib cage.
- Inhale. Extend your knees to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions, ensuring that you keep your abdominals engaged to prevent your body from swaying.
Alternative Exercises for Obliques
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.