Half Arnold Press
How to: Half Arnold Press
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Arms, Anterior Deltoid, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
Exercise Families:Vertical Push
- Holding two dumbbells with a overhand grip (palms facing away from you) at chin height, sit down in the middle of a bench and plant your feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Using the muscles in your shoulders and arms, extend your elbows to press the dumbbells directly above your head. Your arms should be in line with your ears on either side of your head.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower the dumbbells to return to the starting position.
- Draw your forearms together in front of you, ensuring that your elbows remain at shoulder height.
- Open your forearms outwards to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.