How to: Front-to-Side Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Anterior Deltoid, Rhomboids
- Holding one dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip (palms facing towards your body) in front of your legs, plant both feet on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. While maintaining a slight bend in your elbows, gently raise the dumbbells forward and up to chin height.
- Exhale. While maintaining a slight bend in your elbows, draw the dumbbells backwards until they are in line with your shoulders.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Dumbbells
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.