How to: Drop Push-Up
Primary Muscles Used:Chest, Pecs, Triceps
Exercise Families:Horizontal Push
- Plant both feet on the mat shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position and your knees remain in line with your toes.
- Jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels.
- While maintaining a neutral spine, bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the mat until your arms form two 90-degree angles.
- Exhale. Push through your chest and extend your elbows to lift your body back into the starting position.
- Jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart.
- Push through your heels and extend your legs to return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Legs
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.