Double-Pulse Tricep Dip
How to: Double-Pulse Tricep Dip
Primary Muscles Used:Arms, Triceps
Exercise Families:Elbow Extension
- Begin seated on a bench. Place your hands on the edge of the bench under your glutes and directly below your shoulders. Ensure that your fingers are facing forwards. Place your feet hip-width apart, slightly out from the bench, with a bend in your legs and shift your hips forward off the bench. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower your hips towards the floor, ensuring that your shoulders, elbows and wrists remain in line with one another.
- Exhale. Once you have created two 90-degree angles with your arms, called full tricep-dip position, push through the heels of your hands to extend your elbows slightly. Bend your elbows to return to full tricep-dip position.
- Push through the heels of your hands to extend your arms to return to the starting position. Avoid using your legs to assist you and ensure you maintain an upright position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Bench
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.