Curl & Press
How to: Curl & Press
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Arms, Anterior Deltoid, Lateral Deltoid, Biceps, Triceps
- Holding a barbell with both hands, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Extend your elbows to hold the barbell in an underhand grip (palms facing away from you) directly in front of your legs. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to bring the bar in towards your chest, ensuring that your elbows remain in close contact with the sides of your body.
- Exhale. Using the muscles in both your shoulders and arms, extend your elbows and press the bar up above your head, ensuring that your arms are in line with your ears on either side of your head.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower the bar to your chest. Extend your elbows to lower the bar and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Barbell
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.