Curl & Press
How to: Curl & Press
Primary Muscles Used:Shoulders, Arms, Anterior Deltoid, Biceps, Lateral Deltoid, Triceps
- Holding a barbell with both hands, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Extend your elbows to hold the barbell in an underhand grip (palms facing away from you) directly in front of your legs. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to bring the bar in towards your chest, ensuring that your elbows remain in close contact with the sides of your body.
- Exhale. Using the muscles in both your shoulders and arms, extend your elbows and press the bar up above your head, ensuring that your arms are in line with your ears on either side of your head.
- Inhale. Bend your elbows to lower the bar to your chest. Extend your elbows to lower the bar and return to the starting position. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Barbell
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.