How to: Clam Kickout
Primary Muscles Used:Glutes, Gluteals, Hip Abductors
Exercise Families:Hip Abduction
- Lay on your left side with your arm extended along the mat and your head relaxed on your arm. Bend both knees and draw them forward slightly to bring your feet in line with your glutes, ensuring that your hips are stacked and that you maintain a small gap between your waist and the floor. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Set your T-zone. Keeping your feet together, activate your right glute to elevate your right knee towards the ceiling, ensuring that you maintain the gap between your waist and the floor.
- Exhale. Extend your right knee to straighten your leg, ensuring that your right hip remains turned out (externally rotated) and your toes remain pointed.
- Inhale. Bend your right knee to bring your feet together.
- Exhale. Lower your right knee to return to the starting position. Complete half of the specified repetitions on the same side before completing the remaining repetitions on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.