Burpee & Tuck Jump
How to: Burpee & Tuck Jump
Primary Muscles Used:Upper Legs, Glutes, Gluteals, Quads, Hamstrings
- Plant both feet on the mat shoulder-width apart.
- Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Inhale. Jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels.
- Jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart.
- Exhale. Propel your body upwards into the air. Bend your knees and, using your abdominals, bring them in towards your chest. At the same time, draw your elbows in towards your knees.
- Inhale. Release your knees from your chest to carefully land on the mat, ensuring that you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.