Burpee & Lateral Jump
How to: Burpee & Lateral Jump
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Begin standing with your arms by your sides, plant both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Bend at both the hips and knees to place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position. Inhale and brace your core. Keeping your body weight on your hands, jump both of your feet backwards so that your legs are completely extended behind you, resting on the balls of your feet. Your body should be in one straight line from your head to your heels.
- Exhale as you jump both of your feet forwards in between your hands, once again, ensuring that your feet remain shoulder-width apart. Push through your heels, extending both your knees and hips, using predominantly your right leg to propel your body upwards and to the left. Bend your hips and knees to land in a half squat position. Ensure you maintain ‘soft’ knees to prevent injury. Place your hands on the mat on either side of your feet, ensuring that your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Repeat this on the alternate side. Alternate between sides for the specified number of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.