Broad Jump & High Knees
How to: Broad Jump & High Knees
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Begin by planting both feet on the floor shoulder-width apart. Gently draw your pubic bone to your belly button (engage pelvic floor). This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Swing your arms backward and, at the same time, bend at both the hips and knees, ensuring that your knees remain in line with your toes. Continue bending your knees until your upper legs are parallel with the floor. Ensure that your back remains between a 45- to 90-degree angle to your hips.
- Exhale. Swing your arms to propel your body upwards and forwards, once again, landing in squat position. Ensure that you maintain ‘soft’ knees as you land to prevent injury.
- Inhale. As you extend your legs, transfer your weight on to your left foot, and bend your right leg to bring your knee into your chest. Lower your right leg and plant your foot on the floor. Keeping your weight on your right leg, bend your left leg to bring your knee into your chest. Once you are comfortable with this movement, increase your speed so that you are hopping from one foot to the other.
- Continue alternating between left and right legs, at the same time moving backwards, until you return to your starting position. You should feel tension through your quads, glutes, and core throughout this movement. Continue alternating between broad jump and high knees for the specified amount of repetitions or time.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.