Bent-Leg Sit-Up & Reach
How to: Bent-Leg Sit-Up & Reach
Exercise Families:High Intensity
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat and place your hands behind your earlobes. Engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your belly button in towards your spine. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your heels firmly planted on the floor, slowly lift your head, shoulder blades, and torso off the floor. Lengthen your spine to sit up tall. As you reach the peak of your sit-up, take your right arm and reach around behind you to place your hand firmly on the ground.
- Press your feet into the floor and extend through your right shoulder and hips, reaching your left arm towards the ceiling so that your body forms a straight line from your chest down to your knees.
- Lower your hips to return to a seated position, then slowly lower your torso, shoulder blades and head to the mat to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right sides for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.