Back Roll & V Sit
How to: Back Roll & V Sit
- Begin seated on the floor with your knees bent. Gently bring your knees to your chest, resting your hands on your shins and round out your back. This is your starting position.
- Release your feet and shift your body weight backward to allow you to rock back and roll along your spine, ensuring that your chin is tucked into your chest.
- Once you reach your lower traps shift your body weight forward to allow you to rock forward and gain momentum. As you reach a seated position extend your knees and separate your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. You should finish the forward roll seated with your legs wide, and flat on the floor.
- Bring your feet together and bend your knees to return to the starting position. Continually alternate between back roll and V sit for the specified amount of time, breathing deeply throughout.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.