Alternating Straight-Leg Raise
How to: Alternating Straight-Leg Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat. Gently draw your ribs to your hips to engage your core. Keeping your feet together, slowly raise your legs off the floor until they form a 90-degree angle with your hips. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While keeping your legs extended, slowly lower your right leg until it almost touches the floor, ensuring your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Inhale. Raise your right leg to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While keeping your legs extended, slowly lower your left leg until it almost touches the floor, ensuring your spine remains in a neutral position.
- Inhale. Raise your left leg to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.