Alternating Dumbbell Curl
How to: Alternating Dumbbell Curl
Primary Muscles Used:Arms, Biceps
Exercise Families:Elbow Flexion
- Holding a dumbbell in each hand in a neutral grip (palms facing inward), plant both feet on the floor hip-width apart. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. While keeping your upper arm as still as possible, bend your right elbow and gradually rotate your wrist outwards to bring the dumbbell up towards your right shoulder.
- Inhale. Extend your right elbow and rotate your wrist inwards to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While keeping your upper arm as still as possible, bend your left elbow and gradually rotate your wrist outwards to bring the dumbbell up towards your left shoulder.
- Inhale. Extend your left elbow and rotate your wrist inwards to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Biceps
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.