Alternating Decline Bench Press
How to: Alternating Decline Bench Press
Primary Muscles Used:Chest, Pecs, Triceps
Exercise Families:Horizontal Push
- Holding one dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip (palms facing away from your body), lie down on the decline bench. Place your legs under the circular leg pad so that it rests on the front of your ankle when your knees are bent to 90 degrees. Extend your elbows to hold the dumbbells directly in front of your chest. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Bend your right elbow outwards to lower the dumbbell towards your chest until your arm forms a 90-degree angle.
- Exhale. Extend your right elbow and push the dumbbell away from your chest to return to the starting position.
- Inhale. Bend your left elbow outwards to lower the dumbbell towards your chest until your arm forms a 90-degree angle.
- Exhale. Extend your left elbow and push the dumbbell away from your chest to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between right and left for the specified number of repetitions.
Alternative Exercises for Decline Bench
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.