Alternating Bent & Straight-Leg Raise
How to: Alternating Bent & Straight-Leg Raise
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
- Step onto the foot rests of the power tower so that you are facing outwards, with your back firmly pressed against the back pad and your forearms on the forearm pads. Step off the foot rests and extend your legs so that you are hanging from the power tower. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Exhale. Bend your knees and, using your abdominals, bring them in towards your chest.
- Inhale. Extend your knees to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While keeping your legs extended, slowly raise your legs upwards until they form a 90-degree angle with your hips.
- Inhale. Slowly lower your legs to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between bent and straight-leg raises for the specified number of repetitions. Each leg raise is equivalent to one repetition.
Alternative Exercises for Power Tower
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.