Alternating Bent-Leg Toe Tap
How to: Alternating Bent-Leg Toe Tap
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
Exercise Families:Trunk Flexion
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat. Bend your knees and position your feet firmly on the mat, ensuring that your hips and knees are together. Imprint your spine into the mat and bring your legs into tabletop position, ensuring that your knees are stacked over your hips, your toes are pointed, and your shins are parallel to (in line with) the floor. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Set your T-zone. Exhale. While maintaining an imprinted spine and drawing your ribs towards your hips, lower your right leg to touch your toe on the mat, ensuring that you do not change the angle of your knee.
- Inhale. Elevate your right leg to return to the starting position.
- Exhale. While maintaining an imprinted spine and drawing your ribs towards your hips, lower your left leg to touch your toe on the mat, ensuring that you do not change the angle of your knee.
- Inhale. Elevate your left leg to return to the starting position. Continue alternating between left and right for the specified number of repetitions. If you cannot maintain an imprinted spine while touching your toe to the mat, then only lower your leg as low as you can.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.