Ab Bike & Toe Tap
How to: Ab Bike & Toe Tap
Primary Muscles Used:Abs, Rectus Abdominis
- Start by lying straight on your back on a yoga mat with your legs extended out in front of you. Bend your elbows and place your hands behind your earlobes. Gently raise both legs and your head and shoulders off the mat. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. While keeping your right leg extended, bend your left knee and draw it in towards your chest. At the same time, rotate your torso to the left to bring your right elbow to your knee.
- Untwist your torso and extend your left knee to return to the starting position. Exhale. Immediately elevate your left leg so that it is at a 90-degree angle to your hips. At the same time, extend your right arm to bring your hand up towards your left foot— slowly lifting your head, shoulder blades and torso off the mat.
- Inhale. Lower your torso, shoulder blades and head to the mat. Lower your left leg and place your right hand behind your earlobes to return to the starting position. Complete half of the specified number of repetitions on the same side before completing the remaining repetitions on the other side.
Alternative Exercises for No Equipment
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.